Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Old Halloweenie Pictures from the Crypt

Thanks to Aunt Heador. After my Pinktober post I recieved an email with a barage of pictures from my younger days. I figured I should post them, to show everyone how cute I was am.


I loved 101 dalmations when I was young... So I had to be one for Halloweenie.

This was also from when Caitlin was a "blide" and Eeppers was Baby Bop. I can't remember who in the world thought Baby Bop was a good costume, but EP looks pretty darn cute!




This was when I was a medieval queen. I believe I was in 8th grade.

As Aunt Heather mentioned in the comments on a previous post and email, my mom and her would have the best time on Halloween at our houes. They would always break open a few bottles of wine and stroll around the neighborhood with all of the kiddies, while dad stayed home and passed out candy. Then when it would get late we would come back to the house with our pillowcases full. Mom and Heather would inspect the candy to make sure none of them were poinsinous. Then Dad would come over and tax all of us, by eating all of our starburst (those were are his favorite).


I am excited to see what Halloween in Tahoe is like. I know back at home so many teens dress really skanky because they can get away with it, and the temperature is still kinda warm. I am sure it's going to be nice and cold, maybe that will make for less risque costumes... No one really decorates from as far as I can see. There are some pumpkins here and there but not like at home. I know in Castaic, it was always a big deal breaking out all of the decorations putting them all up in the trees, and all over your front door. Hanging spiderwebs and scary looking spooks and then going to your neighbor's homemade haunted houses in their garages.

Anyways we are looking forward to the festivities. Can you tell that work is slow and I am bored?

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

You also just wore or slept in that dalmation costume for about a year! I will miss Halloween at your house :)
It's no big deal in La Paz, but they do have a Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration on Nov 1st I think.
Have fun!

oddiomixer said...

I just LOVE Halloween!
20 bags of candy and lights out at 10:00 pm!