Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Watching History Happen.

January 20, 2009. 12:04pm

Barack Obama took the oath that made him the 44th President.

I am still in shock that I witnessed history happen yesterday. They are going to write about what happened yesterday into history books, and children, years from now, are going to study America's history and learn about our first black President.

I am going to tell my children and grandchildren about the event. I get to tell them how it felt getting goosebumps when he said his speech.

I am excited to see what the next four years bring us. It's going to be hard but I have a lot more hope and faith in Barack then I ever did in Georgie.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I do have to say that all though I was not a supporter of his in the beginning his speech yesterday completely changed my mind. It was amazing to watch how many people were there and it made me wish that I could have been there as well. I did not see the swearing in when it was happening because I am a dork and forgot about it but I recorded it later and it just blew my mind!! I am wondering how long it will be before the whole thing is out on DVD.

Evann Carter said...

The Chief person who recided it said it wrong, and Obama waited unitl he figured it out, to what my teacher said. We watched it for P.E. I fell asleep though, during the HUGE poem that took up an hour.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Your children?
Your grandchildren?
Hopefully that is far, far in the future, but YIPEE what fun I will have with your kids!!!
:)
xoxo