Friday, January 9, 2009

Three Years...

One of the best pictures I have ever taken.

Three years ago tomorrow was my mom's funeral. January 3rd was the three year mark of her death. It's been a painful three years, and it's getting a teensy bit easier each day. I am so lucky to have a family that loves and supports me as much as they do. My dad is such an amazing supporter for my sisters. And my sisters are an amazing support for me. I am so glad that we all understand that it's okay to be sad. I was very lucky for my dad to put us into grief counseling after it all happened. I can't imagine how much worse we would be right now without it.

Ryan has been such a blessing, because he understand what it was like to loose a parent. He's been so understanding and loving and I hope I show him the same love and compassion he shows me.

This year I had to work on the day and everyone who I worked with was so sweet and supportive as well. When Ryan and I got off of work we went to the store and picked up a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They were pink roses and callililies. They were a little bit over my price range, but I knew that mom would have loved them. I really liked the pink bow, and I got a vase out of it!

We also made some spagetti and garlic bread for dinner. It was delicious. Later that night I wasn't feeling too well (emotionally), but Caity cheered me up by sending me TONS of pics of mom and family. It made my day... Here are some that she sent me.

Dad, me and Mom
This was when she was sick. She had her wig on. I would always brush it for her, or wash it and put curlers in it. I don't know why, but I really like this picture.

This one was taken by Aunt Linda, and we were on a hammock, in Grandma's old backyard in Ventura -- I believe??

Rose, Elvis and Mom

Everyone at work says we look a lot alike in this picture!

She was GORGEOUS!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the flowers!! I am glad that Cait sent those pictures to you. Remember you have the whole rest of your family as support too. We all miss her tons and wish that she was still here with us in person rather than in spirit.

Love ya!!!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Lovely :)
Lovely that you have a new tradition of enjoying beautiful flowers that your Mommy would have loved as well.
How I miss her...
I am so glad you appreciate what your Dad was doing for you with the grief counseling - you are an amazing young lady, as well as your sisters are and your sweet Dad - what a guy!
xoxo

Meghan said...

Yeah, my dad is quite 'The Dude'.

Hahahhahah

Jennifer said...

Hey your Dad is one of my most favorite uncles!! It's great that I got so lucky to have wonderful uncles.