Saturday, January 17, 2009

Matt & Maddy in PEOPLE!!

I picked up the People issue yesterday and immediatly turned to the back few pages to find the article on Maddy & Matt Logelin. I know my cousin Jen and aunt Elizabeth read his blog... But if you dont' you should. http://www.mattlogelin.com

He had the birth of his first child and the lost the love of his life all in 27hrs. Originally aunt Elizabeth sent out the link to the family to let us all know of the blog and how amazing he was. I started reading it every day. Matt is such an inspiring man, and Madeline is such a sweet baby. I can relate a lot to Matt and his struggles. He reminds me a lot of my dad, and I can tell that he loves Liz just as much as my dad loves my mom. I can also tell that he loves Maddy as much as my dad loves me and my sisters.

Even though he has had so much crap thrown at him this past year, he still laughs and smiles, and tries to make the best of the situation. Having one of the cutest babies in the world doesn't hurt either. I can't imagine having to wake up each morning and take care of a baby that reminds me only of the one I lost.

So, if you haven't read the blog, I suggest you do so. It's very moving to see how many women have reached out to help Matt through this. If you haven't picked up your copy of People (the one with Patrick Swayze on the cover), I suggest you do so as well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I meant to pick that up today. I saw his post about it the other night. Thanks for reminding me!! I am going to have to go get it tomorrow. I do love his blog. He is an amazing man just like your dad.

Elizabeth said...

Loved the article and all the pictures-it was almost like reading about a friend even though we don't know him personally. I hope it brings a lot of new attention to his foundation.