Thursday, April 17, 2008

Summertime is Approaching!

Summer is definetly right around the corner. It's been getting warm up here. Our high last weekend was 70. When I spoke to my dad he said that he was in Moorpark for Cait's soccer game and it was in the upper 90's. Holy Smokes!! The high 90's in April?!?!? This is proof of global warming. It never got that hot in April, maybe only once, but he said its been crazy hot the entire week.

I know we all wish that we could have more money. But I wish that I could have more money to go see concerts... I recently found out that Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick are playing at Harvey's (across the street from where I work). Heart is one of my favorite bands - ever. My mom got me really turned on to them when I was younger, and I have been singing their music ever since. It would be awesome to see Journey too since the only Journey songs I have ever heard live were from a Journey cover band my friend Garrett use to play in. I really wish I could go but tickets are so damn expensive. Its like $49.99 for one ticket and then you add on all the taxes and it comes out to over $150.00!! And I don't have $150.00 to spare.

The other concert that I am really interested in seeing is Death Cab For Cutie. They are kind of an unknown Indie band. They have had one or two hits on the radio, but for the most part people haven't heard of them. I saw them perform in New York when I went with my choir during my senior year, and they were AMAZING!! I was checking on ticketmaster for their upcoming tour and noticed all of the shows were sold out. So I checked on E-Bay to see how much tickets were selling on there - it was close to $200 per ticket!!! So then I go to work a few days later and sure enough sitting right on the counter is a print out of Death Cab's NEW dates... I go onto Ticketmaster to see how much tickets are - and for 2 tickets with all the stupid taxes it comes out to 108.19. Ugh. I guess that this summer will not be the summer of concerts.

Otherwise - I talked to Aunt Heather on Skype for the first time a few nights ago, and that was tons of FUN! It was so crazy to have her in my computer! Hahaaaa. She looks nice and tan! I also won a free nights stay at the Hilton in San Jose at my work party! Yay for work parties - free food, free drinks, free night stays! Gotta love corporations!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I gotta set up my sykpe so I can talk to her too!!! Also it's about time you updated your blog. I was beginning to wonder about you. We are off to san deigo tonight to go to Legoland tomorrow!!!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Hi Sweetie!
Nice talking to you too - kind of funny the temperature change between our two locations... 40 degrees to 90 degrees! And Journey was my FAVORITE in college. Must have seen them 5 times in concert... back when the tickets were $8. Yes, everyone set up skype already!!
xoxo
Aunt Heather in Mexico!