Thursday, February 14, 2008

How Depressing...

So as usual I am at work reading up on all of my celebrity gossip. You know the usual, People, Perez Hilton and some other sites. And today on Perez Hilton I came across this article. http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-oxnard14feb14,1,955781.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

When I read this I was shocked. This incident happened in the town next to where my mom's entire family grew up. And to top it all off the kid who was shot (and pronounced brain dead) was only 15. The shooter was 14. I just can help but think what kind of parents allow their 14 year old access to a gun?!?! It just seems simply ludicris to me. And to add more sadness... the kid was presumably shot because he was gay. What the hell happened to TOLERANCE??? That was all shoved down my throat when I was in junior high.

I just read this and thought I would rant a little... Poor kid.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Meg,

I will have to email you with the details that I know about this. There is more to the story about why the shooting happened then what the news is reporting.

Love me

Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!!!!