Sunday, June 29, 2008

WOW

...is all I can say. Last night was amazing!! The Robert Plant & Allison Krauss concert was absolutley fantastic. Sharon Little opened up for them -- and if you don't know who she is you need to go check her out. Her new album is called Perfect Time for a Breakdown, and she has one of the most spectacular vocals I have ever heard. I am a very lucky girl to know her. She started working with Scot Sax (who my dad has known for over 10 years), they wrote a bunch of songs together... actually they wrote a bunch of really really good songs together. Sharon was hand picked by Robert and Allison to go on tour with them, which is one of the coolest opportunities of a lifetime.


Sharon went on at exactly 7:30, and Ryan and I were dead center 12 rows back. My lucky dad and sisters got into the 6th row. She sang a set of 7 songs, which all were amazing. She wrote the song 'Child in a Storm' for my sisters and I. It's about my mom... and she could barely get the words out to dedicate it to us... But Scot helped her. Sharon said "This song is very close to my heart....**pause pause pause**" and then she and Scot said together "this is for Evann, Caitlin and Meghan". And next thing you know I am crying uncontrollably. It was beautiful. She finished her set and the entire crowd in front of me stood up and applauded. It was wonderful.


They changed sets and then Allison and Robert came on. Their voices together are awe-inspiring. Robert played a few Led Zeppelin songs, and Allison sang backups. T-Bone Burnett was AMAZING as well. And of course, they played quite a few songs from their album together.
My dad came back over with the backstage passes and we hung out in Sharon's trailor and watched the show on a big screen on the side of the stage. Caitlin and Evann had so much fun hanging out with Sharon 'The Rockstar'. Hahhaahaha. Evann was 5ft away from Robert when she went out to got to the bathroom. But everytime Robert or Allison would leave stage we would all have to go into Sharon's trailer because they didn't want to be bothered.

I came back into work today and talked to a few co-workers who were also there who said that Sharon was better than Allison, and she would have rather watched Sharon perform the whole time.

I will have more pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

That is SO cool. Your dad had just told me some of this last night on the phone. How lovely to have that song written for you girls.
Your dad also told me how happy you looked and how great you are doing.
And they are coming to meet us for dinner tonight ~ yea~~~