Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Family Says I Need To "Update"

So here I am... updating... My 'vacation' was not much of a vacation, that's for damn sure. Ryan and I had a great time, but there was very few minutes that I was able to relax and sleep. Our drive down the 395 was beautiful. It was my first time ever going through Mammoth, Bishop and Mojave. We stopped a few times to use the restrooms and saw the highest gas price EVER -- $5.19/gal -- of the medium grade... It's CRAZY! We made it in to Valencia a day early because Ryan and I both had the day off and I got an employee rate at the Best Western I used to work at. We surprised our families and hung out with friends that night. The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of friends, family and fun.

The wedding was beautiful. Our friend Victoria looked like a princess, and Carlos looked very handsome. The ceremony was short and sweet, the pastor is the same pastor who orchestrated her father's funeral, so we heard a lot of stories about what V's dad wanted to say to her on her wedding day. I cried (granted I always cry at any wedding... it's just so beautiful, I know I am a major dork). We stayed in Pasadena since the wedding ended around 1:00am.

The next morning we got up a little late and drove back to Castaic for the family brunch. I was a little nervous because it was the first time that Ryan's mom had met my dad (after dating for almost 2 years and living together just about the same amount of time). Jan is one of the sweetest women I have ever met, and she adored my dad - whew what a big weight lifted off my shoulders, lol. Otherwise the brunch was delicious and it was great to see my family. All of my favorite aunts and uncles. I met my aunt Linda's new roommate who had the CUTEST little chiuawha EVER. It was so nice to see my dad and my uncle Vince and his kids too! Then we drove to Saugus to pick up our friends Wendy and Troy. They drove back up with us and helped us save on gas.

We got back around 10:30pm, and we are driving down the main road and all the sudden fire trucks are rushing down the street followed by ambulances... We heard there sirens for another 2 hours, which is a big deal up here in this small town, which means stuff is going down... I got up the next morning at 6am to get to work by 7am and sure enough come to find out it my work on fire! A dryer has some combustable material in it and when it was turned on it got hot enough and combusted!! The fire was contained inside of the dryer so nothing was damaged, but boy did I have to comp a bunch of rooms the next morning!

4 comments:

Renee said...

it's about time!!!! So glad you finally updated, I was missing out :)

Jennifer said...

Come on Meg. The rest of us update our blogs more than once a month. I was about to give up on you!! Love you!!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I'm sorry - "ALL" of your favorite Aunts and Uncles where there? All? ALL?
I don't recall being there. Did I have a good time?
Love,
"Not a favorite" Aunt Heather

Meghan said...

You were there though!! On SKYPE!!!! :)

p.s. you know you're one of my favorites auntie heador... hahahaahah