Monday, May 19, 2008

Frisbee Golf aka Hippie Golf

First off -- Happy 11th Birthday Evann! Today is my youngest sister's birthday. And she makes sure that everyone knows that Evann and eleven rhyme :) Hope she's enjoying her special day! I think we are going to chat on Skype tonight.

Other than that since it's been getting so warm up here, Ryan, my roomie Simon, his friends Jeremy and Chris and I all went to the Bijou Park and played some frisbee golf. This was Ryan and my first time playing the game, but we had a blast. The park has an entire frisbee golf course set up with 19 holes and signs that show you which way you should be going and how much the par is set as so on and so forth. If you have never heard of frisbee golf aka hippie golf (as Ryan calls it) how it works is everyone has their frisbee and you throw it towards the goal, and wherever it lands you walk over to it, pick the frisbee up and throw it again. It's pretty simple and easy and a lot of fun.

Now the reason why Ryan calls if hippie golf is because it's extremley cheap. Once you get a frisbee -- that's all you need! It's not like regular golf where you have to have a club for this, a putter for that and some other weird doohickey for that. You also don't have to go buy special clothes or special shoes for the silly dress code.

We had so much fun, the boys were drinking beers -- not ME -- and we kept loosing our target and we didnt know which ways to go, but Chris led us back to the right course. Simon, Chris and Jeremy were a LOT better than Ry and I were. I think I was 5 over par every time. I tried to keep throwing like an acutal frisbee but it always veered wayy over to the right. Ryan eventually gave up on throwing like a frisbee and started doing the 'tomahawk' throw, that's when he started getting more accurate.

All in all I had a great time. I think when I get off work today we might go do a round... Until then I get to stand here (I don't ever get to sit because I work at a hotel) bored outta my mind!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We need an update please!!!!!

Caitlin said...

Heya. Here's my blog. :)