Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Work Holiday Party

Last night we all went to my boss Cara's house for a holiday party with dinner and drinks. She made guacamole & a spicy queso dip for an appetizer and a wonderful homemade lasagna, ceasar salad and garlic bread for dinner. We finished the night off with brownies, cookies and a cake for our co-worker Thea's birthday! We had a few different bottles of red wine, which were delicious! We all had such a wonderful time and it made me remember how lucky I am to have such fun and awesome co-workers friends.

Me, Stephanie and Thea (all front desk girls)

Me, Pennie & Stephanie (Pennie is in reservations)

Me, Thea, Cara, Pennie, Nettie & Yoko
(Cara is the best manager, EVER)

James, Taylor, Pennie & Jordan (her husband and step kids)

Thea's birthday cake!

Cara burned her hand on the oven while getting out the lasagna...
and we were told putting lettuce on it helps the burn?!?? We'll see if it works.

Pennie & I

Birthday Girl Thea & I. Can you believe she's 34?!?! She doesn't look a day over 26!

T & Steph

After Ryan and I came home from the party we finished decorating our tree. We went and purchased our permit from the Forest Service, so we were able to go into the woods across from our house and chopped down our own tree! It was only $10 and last year I paid $55!!! So it was a STEAL! We still need to get some more ornaments, because the ones we have from last year are a little ratty... and they were the cheapy kind from Target... I also need to get a new tree topper. We had a metal one last year, but Ryan and I decided one that lights up would be better! We also need to get one more strand of lights. Since our tree isn't very full of branches, (it's kinda bare and has lots of room inside the branches) I want to add more lights to make it look more full.

Dun dah dah DAH!!!! I can't believe Christmas is in less than 10 days! I gotta get shopping. I get paid tomorrow, so I know where all of that money is going!!! Hahahaaaa


1 comment:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

So who was running the hotel? Here I was there, trying to get a room, ordering room service, needed a few towels, ugh, all the workers were at a party!
Burns - keep them covered, cold and wet. Keep oxygen off of them. Then lavender oil and/or aloe vera.
Wish I would have known you needed ornaments... next year I will send some seashell ones up!