Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bratz Be Gone!

Would you want your young daughter to play with these?



Or these?



Well I was surprised my mom let my sisters play with them... They are called 'Bratz'. There has been much speculation over the past few years about these dolls being too risque for kids. They have extremly short skirts, and terrible eyeshadow, hoochie lipstick, and worst of all, you swap feet, not just shoes. The feet come off with the shoes?!?! CREEPY! Can you say bad example for young children?!?!?

A federal judge ruled yesterday that their manufacturer, MGA, would no longer be able to produce these slutty dolls.

Hip-hip-horray!!

All because a dude named Carter Bryant was working for Mattel, when he came up with the idea of the dolls. (I'm assuming that he probably pitched the dolls to Mattel and they said no). Then later moved to work for MGA.

Well, the companies were fighting over the billions these stupid little skanky dolls make, and Mattel won! GO BARBIE! MGA has to stop manufacturing and will take all dolls off the shelves after the holiday.

Hip-hip-horray!! Hip-hip-horray!!

8 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ha ha ha! When did you grow up?

Joking!
I love that you have good morals and ethics and that you are my beautiful, beautiful niece!
xoxo

Jennifer said...

Hey now I have bought some of these for Evann. She loved those things. I did ask her the other day if she still liked them and she said no. John said that they are in the garage. Tell him not to get rid of them because they will now be worth money.

Evann Carter said...

Yeah, Bratz are kinda boring. I used to like them, but at least mine had descent clothing.

oddiomixer said...

No Bratz here, just the 2 girls!
It's MY nest egg!!!!
Dad

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I call them grubs instead of girls. ;)

Meghan said...

Grubs definetly suits those two.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

You are a grub too.
I called Caitlin a grub once and she said, "I'm not a fly larva".
She was all of 5 years old at the time...

Caitlin said...

Hahaha I'm not a fly larvae.
But at 5? Whoa I was definitely a walking encycolpedia.

The whole Bratz phase started for me cause everyone else had them.
Now it's cell phones and iPods for the high schooler. :D