Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Missing Frances Francis

He is gone. My little kitty Frances Francis is has dissapeared. There is as long story about the spelling of his name, but I will shorten it. I always wanted to spell it with an "es" since that's the way my mom had it spelt (if we're getting technical it's the female way to spell it), but since he is a boy Ryan pointed out it has to be spelt Francis, but I guess it doesn't really matter no one ever called him a boy anyways.
Anyways, we noticed that the house was too quiet mid-Monday morning. We had friends from SoCal visiting us for the weekend so it was possible that the door was left ajar and he had gotten out. He has escaped a few times before but has always come back the next morning for food.


Well now here we are after 2 days and 2 nights, still no sign of him. I am really upset... he was my child and now I don't know where he is. I don't know if someone else took him in, if a bear or coyote ate him for a snack or if he is hurt, scared and alone. It's all just too much for me.

Since I am missing him so much I figured I would post some pictures of how silly of a kitty he was.

Here he is sleeping on Ryan.

Staring out into oblivion.

Resting on my chest
Sitting in the bathtub. His favorite spot in the house.
The house feels so empty without him here. I wish he would just come home or I would find him dead. I don't rest easy not knowing where his furry butt is.
So now all that Ryan and I can do is wait... Hopefully he will come home.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no!! Poor kitty. Our big cat got outside once and was gone for like 3 days. He finally came home, but now he is an outside cat. I am sure than Francis will come home soon.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I hope he finds his way home soon! I know how sad you must be feeling!