Monday, March 24, 2008

My Own Opinion On American Idol

I'm bored... and before I sit down and write about my 36 hour trip spent Castaic I wanted to share some of my favorite american Idol performances so far this year.


First I will start with Brooke White's "Love is a Battlefield"










I love the fact that she went the completely opposite way of the traditional version. And it was one of my mom's favorite songs... ever.



Next is Carly Smithson... she's from Ireland... and basically, I love her. She is amazing. Here is Carly singing "Come Together"











She has the strongest voice of all the other competitors, and she has this charm when she's on stage, I truly hope she wins...


Here is Carly singing "Crazy on You" by Heart... one of my favorite bands... ever.






Might I add... she was out of breath at the end of that performance. Her tone and strength of her voice just blows me away... Everytime.


Lastly my other favorite is Jason Castro's version of "If I Fell", I don't know what it is, his voice is so soothing and delicate. It's a beautiful song...







I will definetly keep updating what I think about all the different performances.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh Meggy...did you come down to Southern Cal and not tell me??? By the way I love Jason Castro and David Cook is good too. If you look at Jason Castro without the dreads he looks like a young JOhn Travolta. I can NOT stand David Archuletta, I calll him the Lip Licker, watch him and see how many times he licks his lips.